Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Leave Me Be Right Here


The Dog Tag from where I lay
This is my chosen place
I get the good winter sun
This was not an accident
And it is not a crime scene

Please to leave me be
I do not bother anyone
The crows are done with me
And now I bleach my bones

Let me be alone with my peace
This place is not on the map
I came here on my own
I mean to stay for good

Don’t need an investigation
Don’t want no death certificate
Don’t got any next of kin
Go away, I’m busy listening

I am not even trespassing
My taxes are all paid up for good
This stuff is biodegradable
I don’t make any noise

I came here on my own
No one else is responsible
I have no other home
This is where I want to be

Got no affairs to settle
The snow don’t bother me
I don’t light no fires
And I’m not camping here

Smile back at me
Look into my empty sockets
Do not bury me
Leave this note upon me

Turn my skull to the light
This is how I want to fade
Go on and get away now
And please just leave me be

No comments:

Post a Comment